Sunday, June 7, 2009

An open letter to Benjamin Netanyahu

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You don’t know me, Sir, and I’m hardly an expert on Middle Eastern affairs, but I couldn’t help but notice our President Obama’s interest in your West Bank settlements. And I noticed that some of the settlers there, in response to his speech are calling their new structures “Obama huts”.

This gave me a great idea! You may know that President Obama has a brother in Kenya, George Hussein Onyango Obama, who lives in a run down hut on less than $12 a year.

I’m sure the “Obama huts” are much nicer than the one George is currently living in, so in the spirit of international cooperation, I think it would be a nice gesture for you to invite George Hussein Onyango Obama to come and live in the West Bank settlement in one of the huts named after his brother. I think our President might take an even greater interest in your settlements after that!

I know that one small gesture will not ensure world peace, but perhaps if you were to extend more charity to Obama’s brother than he has ever considered doing, it might pay off in the long run. I’m sure there are those here in the states that would be willing to contribute to him to assist with the move.

In any event, I have more confidence in you doing the right thing than I do the current resident of the White House.

Please feel free to contact me if there’s anything I can do for you.

Sincerely,

“Proof”

No comments:

Post a Comment