Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sympathy for the Devil

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
No. Not the One.


I recently experienced something that gave me a little added perspective on what my liberal friends have been experiencing for the last eight years. No, not derangement, but a profound sense that I needed to apologize for the actions of my President to members of foreign countries.
After the thoughtless, bumbling gift of DVDs that won't play on European players, to a head of state with failing eyesight, closely followed by the bumbling letter to former French president Jacques Chirac, insulting the current president of France, I have this gnawing feeling of embarrassment for my country that makes me want to apologize to the French people and the British alike, for the boorish, thoughtless behavior and incompetence of our Bumbler-in-Chief.

But, there the similarity ends. Bush was a competent President who embarrassed the liberals, Obama is an incompetent bumbler who embarrasses (or should embarrass) everyone.

Libs: I sympathize with you. Not to the point of flipping out and talking about assassinating the president the way you did with Bush, but a profound sympathy for those who were foolishly ashamed of a strong president, by my own embarrassment over the walking, talking embarrassment at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Cross posted at Say Anything

No comments:

Post a Comment